So I am sitting here in our living room with little Paxton snuggling with me (he is out cold on my chest) and couldn't stop thinking about how blessed I am to have this little man in my life. He truly is a gift from god!
I was reading a blog about a woman who is struggling with infertility (http://1pieceofme.blogspot.com/) and it brought me to tears. It makes me think back to when I was pregnant how much I complained about my aches, sicknesses, and sometimes about how I said I hated being pregnant; she would give anything to experience it and its as if I was taking it for granted! I can't believe I did that; I can't believe I could have ever complained about being pregnant with this precious little boy! Its as if I was overlooking how truly blessed I was in being able to be pregnant with him at all.
Her posts are so emotional and straightforward: she simply wants to become a mother, but can't. Now that I am a mother I can't imagine my life without him. I can't imagine my life not being able to be a mother.
Her testimony is so strong with everything she is going through and it really hit me hard. She was talking about a talk that she heard at the women's broadcast that was talking about motherhood and how important it was; how important women are to be able to bear and rear children and what a blessing it is to be able to do so. It is hard for me to put it into words how strong her testimony is so just go read her blog!
It is people like this that are able to have faith and perseverance through trials that are able to build my testimony of the gospel and remind me of all the blessings that I have in my life. Life is hard sometimes and we forget about all the things that we do have. I know that I have had my share of trials, but I need to always remember how important the gospel is and how it changes lives; how it changed my life.
Anyways, I am so happy that I am able to be a mother and I would go through it all again in a heartbeat! I really am blessed to have this little guy and love him so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment